Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wedding Invitations

I feel like I've not posted in awhile, and should share something. In terms of knitting, I'm working on cotton dish clothes for my mommy. I actually did go and get some huge balls of cotton yarn, like I said I would. I bought this bright green and white ball, that's knitting up really pretty and cheery. I'd take a picture to share with you all, but frankly today I'm too lazy, so oh well. I also bought a ball of blue, purple, and white. They didn't have anything cheerful, that wasn't orange (my mom is not a fan), that didn't have white in it. I usually stay away from white because I worry it will stain too easily, but this is what I could get, so oh well. Also, have I mentioned how cheery and lovely the green is? I'm enamored I tell you.

So instead of sharing knitting pictures, I thought I'd share the proofs of our wedding invites. We are getting them from Vistapint Canada, on the advice of a friend of ours that got hers there a few years back. Because they always have sales going on, it's much cheaper to do it this way than it would be to even just buy wedding invites and print them myself. And this way we get pretty colour ones!

Of course I picked the design and did the wording. I got clearance/acceptance from Chris of course, but I put forth the effort. I'm the one that cares the most, so I figured, I should do it. So without, any further ado, here they are!

Wedding Invite Proof -Outside
Outside.

Wedding Invite Proof - Inside
Inside. I smudged our private info of course.

One of my best friends, Michael, said they reminded him of Cinderella. You know, when the fairy godmother is turning the pumpkin into a carriage? The pretty swirly pattern in the invites looks like her magic did. I hadn't really thought about it until he mentioned it, but he's right. frankly, my first thought about the invitations was that they weren't all white, and in any kind of traditional wedding style, which pleased me greatly. They aren't technically wedding invitations at all - the pattern is from the business section. I really don't like most wedding stuff. This suits me perfectly, even if it is a little princess-y.

No comments: