Wednesday, March 19, 2008

FOs!

I have finished objects! And I've left them so long, I actually have three! For me, that's a LOT at once. I guess I've been knitting more lately.. Or rather I've been kniting littler (is that even a word?) things lately.

(1) My Koolhaas Hat.
KoolHaas Hat v1
KoolHaas Hat v1
Ta Da!

I actually made two of these hats. Identical except for the number of CO stitches. I thought it silly to take pictures of both, so pictured is v2, the one that fits me. And here is my favourite picture of me in my hat. (If you click through you can see all the notes I added. Maybe it's the new antibiotics messing with me, but I just found this shot too amusing.)
KoolHaas Hat v2

(2) The Klein Bottle Tea Cozy
Klein Bottle Tea Cozy

I'm really quite proud of this one. It's knit entirely from a pattern on my own creation. I was inspired by the Klien Bottle hat on Knitty, but this one is all me. I knit it for Chris' brother who is the only person I have ever known to get excited about a Klein Bottle.

Klein Bottle Tea Cozy
I really hope he likes it! Personally I think it's pretty damn cool.

(3) The Pentagonical Star
Inspired by Pepperknit's stars that she's made recently, I decided to followsuite and make one for my Chris' newest family member - his nephew.

Pentagonical Star

I used left over Fleece Artist wool in a lovely bright purple and blue. Sadly, I didn't have enough, so instead of frogging the whole thing, I finished the last three points in a white yarn I had that I knew felted. They didn't felt anywhere near the same though. *sigh* What's a girl to do?

Regardless, I think it's cute damnit. It's imperfections add to it's perfection. I never understood that until now. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I like that it's a little lopsided, I think it's kinda charming! Hopefully the recipient (and his parents!) think so too.

Pentagonical Star

No comments: