Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter

I just finished reading The Laughing Corpse, second of the Anita Blake series by the wonderful Laurell R. Hamilton (and it's all I can do not to pick up the third book and start reading it RIGHT NOW).

I love love love Anita! She is bad ass! And I never say that about anyone, but she is! And oh gods are the books good. Delicious, wonderful story about a little woman who totally kicks ass! All kinds of ass! Vampire, Voodoo Queen, Zombie, human thugs, you name it, she can beat it. Necromancer. Tough Chick. Takes a beating and dishes out worse, you can bet your ass. Oh I love her, I just love her! But then, I've always had a thing for short chicks with spunk, and she has that in spades.

I wanted to post about other things, but I just had to spill out my praise for Anita and her writer Ms. Hamilton. I just love chicks that kick ass, you don't get to see them very often in media of any kind, it's just so damn refreshing! I love it, I just love it.

I'm actually considering calling my local-ish bookstore and asking them if they can get the next two books for me. $24 well spent if you ask me. But should I really be buying stuff when I have so little money? Probably not. But then... I've never been good at self denial, so we will see how long I can resist the urge. Really though, there is a LOT of worse things I could be spending my money on, right?

No comments: