Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I has Wedding Shoes!!

I knew from the start what I wanted in wedding shoes. Part of me would really love to buy a cute pair of kitten heeled pumps, or even some kind of girlie flats, but I have broken feet, so it just isn't going to happen. My feet are a mess. If I'm not wearing my orthotics, my feet hurt. I'm okay for little stints, but a whole day? I'd be in tears by the end of it. This is not what I want for my wedding day!

So I knew, going in, my shoes had to fit my othotics, they had to be comfy, and they had to be flat - FH and I are the same height, I do not want to be towering over him on our wedding day. It was easy really. The idea popped into my head from the start, and would not be shaken, no matter how many cute girlie shoes I have looked at (none of which fit me anyway). I wanted red, suede sneakers. It was perfect; it is perfect. No one is going to see them under my dress anyway. But if they do, red suede toes peeking out suits me just fine!

I spent the day looking all over downtown Toronto for what I wanted last week. I visited every single shoe store between Yonge and Spadina on Queen, to no avail. I had to resort to shopping at a US website. And I'm glad I did!

Here are my red suede sneakers!! :D



And here there are on my feet (the colour in the picture above is way more accurate!):

My Wedding Shoes

They fit,they're the perfect red and they're suede, just like I wanted! Yay!!

Now I just have to decide if I want to use the white or black laces they came with, or pick up a pair of red laces. I'm sitting here wearing them, and I actually think I might pick up black laces, as the ones they came with are really too short. I've got them tied tighter than I'd like, and they barely tie at all. So strange!

Anyway, I love them! They are just want I wanted. :D :D

Yay comfy wedding shoes I don't have to "break in"!!

No comments: