Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wedding Dress Fabric!

I got the fabric for my dress on Tuesday! It's exactly the colour of red I've been hoping for! It's so perfect! I originally wanted taffeta, but this duponi silk is just so totally perfect! It shines and glimmers in the light, just like I wanted. It has amazing texture too! I love it soo much! The best part about shopping for the fabric was that I got to do it with my mom. That made it super special for me. And she really likes the fabric I picked too. So yay! I could not possibly be happier!! (Hence my overuse of the exclamation mark. lol.)

I have 10 yards of this lovely Duponi Silk in "Garnet". I took the pictures in daylight so the colour is very accurate. The most wonderful blood red!!

Red Duponi Silk

It's from a wonderful store in Hamilton, Ottawa Discount Textiles. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would come to Toronto for fabric! The stores in Hamilton are closer together, are way, way more organized, and the staff are super helpful. Can you believe the man who served me, not only remembered me from last week, but also remembered the fabric I wanted, the colour, and how much! I was very impressed to day the least! And when I told the lady that was cutting my fabric that I was going to use it for my wedding gown(she asked its purpose), she was delighted! It's just so nice to have someone else excited about my lovely red dress in the making!

Another shot of the fabric, just because I love it so much.
Red Duponi Silk


And here's a close up:
Red Duponi Silk - Close Up

Isn't that just the prettiest thing you've ever seen?? I can't wait to see my dress!! So excited!

No comments: