Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baking

I've been baking cookies since about 5 pm today, it's now midnight. That's 7 hours of baking! With only like one break for dinner, and one in the middle when my dear man did dishes for me!

I'm dead on my ass tired, and my back is killing me. I really should have stopped after the making of the chocolate chip cookie dough. Frig, I'm so tired that I misread my peanut butter cookie recipe! It said 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of butter. I mixed the two up and added a whole cup of butter!

Now this normally wouldn't be an issue, I'd just double the batch and have more cookies than I meant to. But nooo.. When I went to buy ingredients today I didn't buy eggs because I had exactly the right amount of eggs. Doh.

So Chris, being the kind, generous, wants to help kinda man that he is, got out of bed, got dressed, and is currently trudging down to the all night grocery store to buy me eggs!! Sweet, sweet man that he is!

I feel bad. I should have known something would come up and I'd need more eggs. Doh. Live and learn. Hopefully this time I will learn! Dagnabit.

I'm wicked tired, so the plan is to make the dough and chill it, likely in the freezer 'cause that's the only place there is room right now, and bake them in the morning. I hope everyone at Shasta's likes them tomorrow!

Though..... since I'm making sooo many I think I will keep a few of them for home too. That's the plan with the chocolate chip cookies too. Chris asked if I could make some for him as well. 'Cause really, bringing over 100 cookies is a lot excessive!

And he's home! Man he rocks! *beams* I'm lucky, yes, yes I am.

No comments: