Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's My Birthday.....

As many of my readers know (since I expect only my closest of friends to ever pay attention), my birthday is fast approaching.

This year I plan to celebrate my birthday on my birthday - Friday July 11th.

The Plan: Dinner at Sultan's Tent in Toronto. Moroccan Food & Belly Dancers(!!!!). Price Fixed Menu: dinner starts @ ~$40/person (more with drinks, and if you choose to have items that have added $$ amounts).

I do understand it's a lot for dinner, and many of my friends have other things going on this month, but I really want to spend the night eating good food and watching the belly dancer with them - I just think it would be fun. Yes, I know I'm a goober, but I think that's the coolest thing ever! I've never seen a belly dancer before!

I've become really rather bitter about the whole birthday thing in the past couple of years. Aside from Harry Potter last year (which I do believe was more a stroke of luck than anything else) I have not celebrated MY birthday in more years than I can count! Ever since Sabrina's Brian joined the group we always celebrate his birthday, which is the day before mine, and EVERYONE ignores/forgets that I even have a birthday! So completely and totally unfair.

I do realise this is partly my fault. Even though I'm one of those weirdos that LOVES birthdays, I/we never do anything - probably in part cause I never say anything. Truth is, I just don't trust that I matter enough to everyone... That if I do ask I'll just get turned down.

Well I DO matter damnit, and even if everyone does turn me down - for whatever reason(the money, time, whatever) - I still want to do something for my birthday. So I'm going with Chris regardless.

But I did ask. Actually, I asked Neda what she thought, and she took up my cause. She's asked the gang, bless her. And to my utter surprise some of them have actually said yes!! All the ones she could get ahold of in fact!

Frankly I wouldn't even have bothered asking - I would have assumed a resounding "no" - but in a drunken stupor last Friday night (at Neda's birthday bash) I mentioned it to Alicia. She sounded so positive about wanting to go, and it being okay for me to ask, that I thought maybe I would give it a shot. After some sober thought, I agreed with my drunken though - what the hell, I'll ask; no harm in asking.

I still can't believe everyone (so far) has said yes!

I figured Neda would be all for it, she's sweet like that.

Angie and Will I really did think would say no, Angie usually isn't adventurous with food, it's also a lot of money, and I know money is often tight for them. But they said yes! *beams*

Jess and Rob I really wanted to come 'cause Jess is one of my best friends, but I really wasn't sure what she'd say. I couldn't/didn't come to her birthday because both Chris and I weren't working - we SO could not afford it . I really wanted to go, but I just didn't have the money. So I really didn't know what she'd think of me asking the same thing of her a few months later... But they said yes! *beams brighter*

Sabrina and Brian will likely say no. Neda's asked, but they haven't gotten back to her. Sabrina is the one that always complains to me about all the birthday's she has in June and July -there's Neda, then her mom, then Brian, then me (and possibly other's in between I don't know about). As a result I always get the short end of the stick with her. So I expect a resounding "No" from her, but that's okay really. I have enough "yes"es that I think we will all be able to enjoy ourselves.

I also got Neda to ask Alicia and Allen too. I figured since I mentioned it to her at the party and she seemed excited about it, I would ask them too. I hope they say yes. I'm not sure if Allen will be home from his family vacation by then, but I've love to have one or both of them there.

Originally I was just going to ask 'the gang' and Jess and Rob - I didn't want to inconvenience anyone else.... But, really, it shouldn't be an inconvenience damnit. I want to celebrate with my friends, is that so very wrong? I don't think so.

No comments: