Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ouch

I used my hand yesterday - last night - in a very NOT "light task" way.

I didn't mean to! I really didn't mean to. It was instinct... I was about to fall. My other hand was already propping me up on the other side. I was on my way to planting my head on the edge of a shelf, very likely, so instinct took over - I put my right palm out to stop me. Full weight on my hand. On my palm. On my not-yet-2-week-old incision.

If I/we hadn't been doing what we were doing I think I would have screamed, curled up in a ball and cried for awhile. As it was, I paused, stared at my palm in a silent scream, took a deep breath, let the pain wash over me, and continued on with what I was doing.

Today I am not so okay. Woke up with my incision, and deeper, screaming in pain. It could be that my hand wasn't propped up all night for once, or that I really abused it last night, or both. I was really tired, and my poor right ear is soooooo sore from me sleeping on it every night. I tried to keep my arm propped, but it just didn't work well last night. *sigh*

I knew as soon as I woke up this was not a pain to get better on its own any time soon, so I took two Tylenol 2s. Now I have nasty ass gut rot. Fucking caffiene! Why the hell do they have to put that in them?? The caffeine doesn't help me stay awake it just give me fucking gut rot.

Boo.

I feel sooo sick now. But the pain is bearable. I don't really think the gut rot/nausea is however. :( And there isn't a damn fucking thing I can do to ease it really... *pout*

Today is not going to be fun! (1-handed GO travel today, back to Hamilton.)

I just want to be at home, in my big comfy chair, hugging one of my teddy bears.

No comments: