Thursday, December 6, 2007

Is it worth it??

I went into Cotton Ginny today. Filled out some paperwork, bought some tops and a sweater for work. Spent just under $100 as I'd hoped. I start Tuesday of next week. So I do get to spend the weekend with my man. Which is good. Very needed... I likely won't get to do that again for quite awhile.


From what Lisa, my manager, told me I'd be working like every other day, Tues, Thurs, Sat.... My brain immediately said, "And I won't be able to see Chris until I've lost this job - AFTER Christmas. No! No! NOOOOOOOOOO!" I asked if there was any way I could have two days off in a row, during the week at some point, since there is no way I'm getting out of working weekends. She said she'd see what she could do. I hope I can at least get two days off in a row the week before Christmas. I really really would like to see my man. I figure I'll have to work boxing day, I'm sure there won't be any way to get out of that. *sigh* Which means I won't be able to celebrate Christmas with Chris and his family....


This of course, begs to question: how on earth am I going to get Chris' parent's Christmas gift to them?? Maybe Chris would be willing to come to Hamilton on the 23rd or something to have dinner with me, if I don't work until 9pm, and then he could take the cookies with him as he'll be seeing his parents for Christmas. If worst comes to worst I could always take GO transit to Oakville on some random day the week before Christmas and just drop them off...


I really need to find me a proper job so I can have weekends to myself. Or rather so I can spend weekends in Toronto. I think it might be time I started looking for work IN Toronto actually. That way, once I had a steady job, I could look for a place there. I'd like that. Be closer to my man. Not feel like my emotional and mental stability is being held ransom by some job.... Would be nice. And maybe, just maybe I could get that chair I've fallen in love with. ha.

No comments: