Thursday, November 1, 2007

Grandpa's Lighthouse

I was meaning to do a pumpkiny entry, and perhaps I will yet.  I did take all the pictures for it afterall.  But I got distracted by the pictures my mom was showing me today.  They included pictures of the lighthouse my Grandpa built.  82 years old and he's making lighthouses from scratch with no instructions, just a memory of what he thinks they should look like.  My goodness is that man handy!

So without futher ado, here is the lighthouse he built.

Grandpa's Lighthouse

I realise on it's own, it doesn't look as impressive as I felt it did when I first saw it.  This is because there is no sense of scale to that image. So there is one with my Aunt Barb and Uncle Doug.  Pa made it for her. They were just packing it into their van when mom snaped the shot, this would be why the light isn't on the top of the lighthouse.

Lighthouse with Family for Scale

As you can see, it's taller than Aunt Barb!  And she's five foot two!  It's huge!  

I'm just so impressed with him.  He made that.  By hand. It looks SO good!  So realistic!  He's crafty my Pa.  Don't mind me while I beam with pride.

No comments: