Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rippit, Rippit, Sigh, Rippit, Rippit, Sob

So I got about 1/3 of the way through the cowl neck tank, and tried it on. I had to get to that point just to be able to try it on -- 1/3 is 1 inch below the armpits where the back and front are reattached. It fit perfectly.

But

*sigh*

The cowl was very stiff, stood up all on it's own, and was way too low -- it went below my boobs! Like, the middle hung below my bra. Not good. Not good at all. I couldn't wear it like that! And I want to be able to wear the damn thing after putting all the work into it I have.

So. Rippit. Rippit. Rippit. I frogged all my hard work, and am now swatching with different needles.

The band on the ball of yarn suggested 4.5mm needles. And I do all my dish clothes at that needle size, to keep them tight. The last thing I wanted with the tank top was for it to be see through! I wouldn't be able to wear it then either. But, 4.5mm needles was just way too tight. So I'm trying 5mm, 5.5mm and 6mm needles to see which will give me a better gauge, softer material, and better drape.

I hate that I've had to start all over again, but really. I would have been just heartbroken to get all the way done and not have it fit right.

No comments: