Friday, April 23, 2010

Fibro Flare Up

I think I'm flaring... Or maybe I'm just degenerating into a blob of pain and nausea??

I haven't been doing well with month, what with the tattoo and then infection, and then the antibiotics. I react badly to most antibiotics, this time, about an hour after taking them, I got a killer headache that lasted into the evening. It took me 4-5 days to realise it was the antibiotics. I get headaches all the time, that part is 'normal', but these were nasty sinus headaches, and timed.

All of that lead to me spending a lot of time in bed, reading, sleeping, writhing in pain, you get the idea.

Then this Tuesday I ran out of the new medication my doctor got me to try. I called to get a Rx sent to my pharmacy, but I was just too exhausted to go pick it up. So Wednesday morning I didn't have a dose... Boys oh boys did I feel that all day long. In fact I've been hurting like I was Wednesday morning ever since... I felt well enough yesterday afternoon to walk the 2.7km to the grocery store, but not to walk as fast as I could. Today I just want to curl up in a ball.

Wow. 2.7km. I didn't realise it was that far. Now I'm impressed I made it at all. I wasn't feeling energetic yesterday, but the sun was shining. The wind was cold though. That could actually be part of why I'm so sore today. My body just does not like being cold. I'm sure part of that is age, as Chris just pointed out to me, we aren't 13 anymore. But I think more than that, my FMS has really made me sensitive to the cold. Hrm. I think I'm going to go take a hot bath and see if that doesn't loosen up my stiff, sore muscles some.

Hopefully, maybe even tomorrow, I'll feel well enough to go to the gym. I want to start going again. I want to be more active. I want to not waste the money!! But more than that, I want to feel strong again. I want to have energy again! I know I need to loose weight, and I know, especially for me, being active is the key.

I don't want FMS to rule my world, sure it's going to colour it, I can't help that, but I want to have a say too damnit. *Sigh* I just don't know how to push through this whole body pain, the stiff neck, the killer headache, AND the nausea. I'm so not good with nausea. Or headaches with sharp pain. It almost feels like there's a spike in my forehead. Does someone have a voodoo doll of me out there??? Could ya cut out the stabbing?! Please??

No comments: