Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New Hair!

I (finally) got my hair cut on Monday. I went to Stacie at Strut in Hamilton. I always love the colour she does my hair, though I'm always taking time to get used to the cut. They always look great, I just get the jitters when I lose 3 inches at a time. My hair grows so slowly, it takes six months to get that back! This is yet another reason why I'm always so careful who cuts my hair, if I got a bad cut, I'd have to live with it for a long time. Stacie always does an amazing job though, even if it does take me awhile to get used to the shortness.

This time I was prepared I think though. I wanted to get it cut. I knew it needed it, and I really wanted a change. Change I got! I have bangs! It's dark, really dark. Ebony dark! I really like it. I was thinking more of a milk chocolate brown, but I'm totally loving the darker brown almost black. I'm sure it will fade to a slightly lighter brown, it always does when you get your hair coloured, and I'll be good with that too. It's just at my shoulders with a layered edge. It feels so light and healthy. She styled it for me, flat ironing it, and it shone like glass.

New Hair

Even today, with me doing nothing to it, it's still shiny like glass. I love it. I love having healthy hair! :D I also realised that, after 30 years of having curly-ish hair, I have straight hair!! My bangs dried perfectly today, all on their own! The last time I had bangs I had to flat iron them every day to shape them, what a pain in the ass that was. But no more! They dried beautifully, just the lightest curve in the tips, exactly as I would have done if I'd had to style them! The only curl in my hair is at the very ends. For some reason my hair likes to curl every so slightly there. It's not a bad look, but if I was going out I think I'd straighten it so it would look perfect. But still, I don't have to do my bangs! Squee! So exciting for me.

Me, Silly Face

I think part of what helped me keep my positive attitude about my hair is the glowing comments I've gotten. We went out to dinner with friends last night; everyone noticed my hair and was very enthusiastic about how much they liked it. So yay!

It's the end of day 2 with the new hair and I'm still loving it. Very good sign. :D

In other news, I'm baking xmas gifts today, I can't say what however, as it's a surprise. Hopefully I can get some more done over the next few days as well. I also promised a sick friend I'd make her shortbread. So much baking to do. oy. I don't think I'll bring anything baked home for Christmas this year, though I'm sure there will be more than enough goodies that my mommy made.

No comments: