Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ipod Case

When I started going to the gym I realised right away that I'd want to bring my ipod nano with me. Exercising in silence is just unfun. The only problem with that is, my work-out pants have no pockets. Where to put my ipod? Normally, I'd stick it in the side of my bra, but exercising means sweating. Ipods and moisture do not mix.

I looked online just about everywhere google could take me, and the only cases I found would end up costing me way more than I wanted to spend. So I decided to make myself a case. A friend of mine works in a hardware store where they actually sell neoprene! How cool is that? So I got some neoprene, and some contact cement-like glue from him. I used fabric scraps from a yet unfinshed, but fully cut, sewing project. I bought the trim for another project, that I didn't end up using it on, and so had lots for this project. Yay re-purposing!

Side 1
Ipod Case, Side 1

Side 2
Ipod Case, Side 2

I cut the neoprene into a square, roughly big enough to wrap around my ipod, with room to sew it closed. I glued fabric to the front and back of the neoprene, then gave it time to dry. I sewed the fabric-covered neopreme case closed on three sides of the neoprene square, then I sewed the trim on. Took about an afternoon all told. Totally worth it. I think it looks great.

Ipod with Case
Ipod and Case

Ipod in Case
Ipod in case

Of course, like 3 days after I get the case made, I drop my nano, and the screen goes on it! :( Boo-urns!! I love my little nano! I don't even like the newest generation. Who the hell wants a video camera on their bleeding MP3 player?! Honestly! So now I don't know what I'm going to do. The screen isn't fully dead, so I can navigate someone, but I can't change the setting, as I can't see them, and I have no idea when the battery is going to go, as I can't see anything on the right hand side of the screen. Bah! Bah I say!

No comments: