Thursday, August 26, 2010

Octopedes! *

I have to admit a terrible secret. I have an unaccountable love for octopedes!! I just think they are the neatest things! I love jewelry of octopedes, I love pictures of octopedes, I love stuffed animals, key chains, fabric, art, what have you, if it has an octopus I'm going to squeal and want one desperately.

So I was surfing one of my favourite sites since beginning all this wedding planning stuff: The Graphics Fairy, and found the most amazing image of an octopus!


OMG! I'm in love! Seriously.

My first thought was, I need to include him in my wedding somehow. Since I'm currently working/focused on the guest book, I thought, Wishing Ocotpus! I can attach get my guest to attach their well wishes cards to him! Yes!

Alas, on further consideration, I don't think it's really viable. I would have to pay more than I'm willing to get him printed at a larger size. And then I'd have to colour him in/fuss with him to get him to look really good. And.... what would I do with him after the wedding? I'd have to throw him out. I'd have added tape to get the cards to stick, and he'd get a fuzzy if I tried to keep him. No, it's just too much work for such a little thing. Sadness.

I really really love this image. He's just so....perfect. I still really want to include him, I just... *sigh* It doesn't make sense to. The rest of my wedding is very classic and elegant. He doesn't fit. But man, do I love him! =/



* Terminology: The Oxford English Dictionary (2008 Draft Revision)[34] lists octopuses, octopi and octopodes (in that order); it labels octopodes "rare", and notes that octopi derives from the "apprehension" that octōpūs is a second declension Latin noun, though it is not.

I personally first thought octopi, I admit, but I wasn't sure, so I looked it up. I think "octopuses" just sounds wrong, so I'm following Chris' brother and using the 'rare' octopedes!

No comments: