Friday, November 6, 2009

Meat!

So I went to the grocery store today...for the first time in a long time. Chronic pain is kicking my ass lately, but I'm starting to feel a bit better, thank the gods.

Well, I wanted to get meat for supper. I didn't know what to get so I started looking at prices. I found the deal of a life-time - assuming the meat is worth eating, I've never bought this before. The package says it's half a pork sirloin. If you ask me, it's a quarter of the pig!

Big Slab O'Pig

It doesn't look very big in this picture, I do realise. That's because it's sitting next to the huge, head-sized butternut squash I also bought. Check out this shot below, with a six inch ruler at the bottom for scale.

Big Slab O'Pig, with Ruler for Scale

See. I told you it was big. It's 2.5 kilos for pete's sake! And all for $5.53! How do you like those apples?! Crazy. I hope it's tasty! I'm sure I can cook it to our satisfation. Slow roasting might be best. I really don't know. I certainly have enough that I can experiment.

No comments: