Monday, March 30, 2009

I still got it! Ha.

Well, I guess the 30 extra pounds that are making me feel crappy don't really matter to the men that hit on me!

Yes, that's right, I got hit on today. Twice.

When I was in the grocery store a man came up to me and started a conversation with me. He could have benn friendly, but the only men that have ever bothered to talk to me in the grocery store have been hitting on me. I mean, I'm doing my thing, buying groceries, listening to my ipod even, and a stranger starts a useless conversation about meat with me? I'm often really oblivious, but yeah, I really do think he was just trying to talk to me. Strange, but nice.

Then, when I was on my way home on the subway I was totally hardcore hit on! No mistaking. He said I was a "beautiful young woman". He wanted to talk to me. He wasn't even deterred by the fact that I have a boyfriend!! He really wanted me to take his number (I did - it's harmless, I'm not going to use it). He kept saying if things didn't work out with my boyfriend to give him a call. He even tried to get me to go to lunch with him! Even stranger, but also still nice. Made me smile all the way home.

So very strange for me. I really don't get hit on very often. I mean, it's partly because I'm not often in situations where I can get hit on - I often go out with Chris, or I'm out with friends. The other thing too, I very rarely realise I'm getting hit on. I can't really deny the guy wanting to 'get to know me' though. Ha. Strange, strange afternoon!

No comments: